In the Name of Allah, most Gracious, most
This page is dedicated to the Muslims of
Spain of 1492
who laid their lives to protect Andalus in the face
of aggression while struggling to uphold Islam.
"...I will forgive all the shortcomings and remove the
deeds of those who were expelled from their homes
or were persecuted for My sake and who fought for
My cause and were slain. I shall admit them into
underneath which rivers flow. This is their reward from Allah,
and with Allah alone is the richest reward!"
Maps of Andalusia
Research About the Legacy of Al-Andalus
A Muslim's Tour of Andalusia
When the 'Moors' Ruled Spain
Spain Prevents Teaching of Islam
Quotes Regarding Muslim Spain
THE ANDALUS GALLERY
Islamic Art Links
- Islamic Spain 1250-1500 by L.P. Harvey
- Isabella (based on a true story) by Muhammad Saeed
- Muslim Spain: Its History and Culture by Anwar
- Al-Andalus: The Art of Islamic Spain edited by Jerrilynn D.
- Moorish Architecture in Andalusia by Marianne
- Alhambra: A Moorish Paradise by Gabrielle Van Zuylen
- Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving
- Blood on the Cross: by Ahmad Thomson
- Moorish Style by Myles Danby
- Muslim Spain's Legacy, by Abdullah Hakim Quick
- Deeper Roots: Muslims in the Americas before Columbus
by A.H. Quick
The border reads "Wa La Ghalib Illa Allah"
right to left. This beautiful and powerful inscription
written in Arabic surrounds the Alhambra walls.
- I must express my appreciation to Professor T. Germano
who suggested I create this website.
- If I had not written a paper for his class,
perhaps I would have remained ignorant about the Spanish Muslim
- I also want to thank the current Latino Dawah movement for
its efforts to spread the beauty of Islam.
Maryam Noor Beig